If you’re experiencing issues with your air conditioner tripping the circuit breaker in your office or home, it can be a frustrating and uncomfortable experience. Frontier Heating & AC Service is the leading provider of heating and cooling solutions in Batavia, NY. We understand the importance of a properly functioning air conditioner, especially during the hot summer. That’s why we offer reliable and efficient AC services in Batavia, NY, and all surrounding areas, to get your system back up and running.
In this blog, we’ll discuss the common causes of a circuit breaker tripping due to an air conditioner and what you can do to fix the issue. We’ll also provide some tips on how to prevent this problem from recurring in the future.
AC Circuit Breaker Tripping: What Should You Do?
If your air conditioning unit trips the circuit breaker, you’ll first want to locate the circuit breaker panel in your home. It’s usually located in a utility room, basement, or electrical closet. Once you’ve found the board, check to see if the circuit breaker for the air conditioner has tripped. If it has, you’ll need to reset it by flipping the switch off and then back on.
It’s important to note that if the circuit breaker keeps tripping, it could signify a more severe issue with your air conditioner. Contact a Frontier Heating & AC Service professional to diagnose and fix the problem during an air conditioning repair in Hamlin, NY, and surrounding areas.
Why Is Your AC Tripping The Circuit Breaker?
There may be several reasons why your air conditioner is tripping the circuit breaker, including the following:
- Overloading the circuit: If you have too many electric appliances plugged into the same circuit as your air conditioner, it can cause the circuit to become overloaded, resulting in the breaker tripping. To prevent this, make sure to distribute your appliances and electronics evenly among the circuits in your home. Additionally, ensure you schedule yearly AC service in Batavia, NY.
- Faulty wiring: If the wiring in your space is old or damaged, it can cause the circuit breaker to trip when the air conditioner is turned on. It is because the damaged wiring can’t handle the electrical load of the air conditioner, causing an excess of current to flow through the circuit. In this case, you’ll need a professional electrician to inspect and repair the faulty wiring.
- Problem with the air conditioner: There could be a problem with the air conditioner itself that is causing the circuit breaker to trip. If you suspect a problem with your air conditioner, it could be due to a malfunctioning compressor, a refrigerant leak, or a faulty thermostat. In that case, contact the Frontier Heating & AC Service professionals for air conditioning repair in Hamlin, NY.
- Incorrect size circuit breaker: If the circuit breaker for your air conditioner is the incorrect size for the system, it can cause the breaker to trip when the air conditioner is turned on. To fix this problem, you’ll need a professional electrician to install a circuit breaker that is appropriately sized for your air conditioner.
Preventing AC Circuit Breaker Tripping
You can follow a few steps to help prevent your air conditioner from tripping the circuit breaker in the future. These steps can make all the difference between a well-timed repair and an expensive repair or replacement down the road. If you are experiencing any issues, contact us to schedule your air conditioning repair in Batavia, NY.
- Have your air conditioner regularly maintained
- Use a surge protector
- Distribute appliances and electronics evenly
- Install a circuit breaker with the correct size
- Fix any faulty wiring
If you’re experiencing any issues with your air conditioner tripping the circuit breaker in Hamlin or Batavia, NY, the Frontier Heating & AC Service team is here to help. Our skilled technicians are trained to diagnose and repair all AC issues, including circuit breaker tripping. We offer reliable and efficient AC repair services to get your AC unit back up and running as soon as possible. We provide all kinds of heating and cooling solutions in Batavia, NY.