Most individuals have likely received instructions at some point to shut the door when inside an air-conditioned room. However, have you ever paused to consider why this is necessary? The Frontier Heating & AC Service professionals are the experts in HVAC repair in Batavia, NY, and have the precise knowledge regarding the significance of keeping doors closed.
In this blog, we’ll explore the reasons behind this piece of advice and how it can help you save energy and money and prolong the life of your air conditioning system.
Why Close the Doors?
Here are several reasons why you should close the doors when you’re inside an air-conditioned room:
- To keep the cool air inside: When you open the door to an air-conditioned room, you’re letting cool air escape, which means your air conditioning system has to work harder to maintain the desired temperature. It leads to increased energy consumption and higher energy bills.
- To keep the warm air out: When you open the door to an air-conditioned room, you let hot air from outside enter the room. It can make the room feel stuffy and uncomfortable and cause your air conditioning system to work harder to cool the room down again. Keeping the door closed prevents hot air from entering the room, which helps your air conditioning system work more effectively.
- To prevent drafts: If you have a poorly sealed door or windows, opening the door to an air-conditioned room can cause drafts, making the room feel colder and more uncomfortable. By keeping the door closed, you’re reducing the risk of currents and helping to maintain a more stable temperature in the room.
- To prevent dust and dirt from entering the room: When you open the door to an air-conditioned room, you’re also letting in dust, dirt, and other contaminants that can accumulate on your air conditioning system’s filters and affect its performance. By keeping the door closed, you’re helping to keep your air conditioning system clean and running smoothly.
Contact the Frontier Heating & AC Service professionals to learn more about HVAC services or schedule your AC repair in Hamlin, NY, and surrounding areas.
The Benefits of Closing Doors
Now that we’ve established the importance of closing doors when you’re inside air-conditioned rooms let’s take a glance at some of the significant benefits of doing so:
- Energy savings: As mentioned earlier, closing doors help keep the cool air inside and the hot air outside, so your AC system doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the desired temperature. It can result in significant energy savings, especially if you have ample air-conditioned space or use your air-conditioning system frequently.
- Prolonged system lifespan: When your air conditioning system has to work harder to maintain the desired temperature, it’s under more stress, which can lead to premature wear and tear. By closing doors, you’re helping to reduce the strain on your system and extend its lifespan.
- Improved indoor air quality: Closing doors helps to prevent dust, dirt, and other contaminants from entering the room and accumulating on your air conditioning system’s filters. It can help improve the room’s indoor air quality, which can be especially important for people with allergies or respiratory issues.
- Increased comfort: When you close the door to an air-conditioned room, you’re helping to create a more stable temperature, which can make the room feel more comfortable. It can be imperative during the hot summer when you want to escape the heat and enjoy a relaxed and comfortable indoor environment.
To schedule your air conditioning repair in Batavia, NY, and enjoy the numerous benefits of a well-functioning HVAC unit, contact us today.
Tips for Closing Doors
Now that you know why it’s so important to close the door when you’re inside an air-conditioned room, here are a few tips to help you do so effectively:
- Make sure the door is properly sealed
- Install a door sweep
- Use a door draft blocker
- Use a doorstop
If you have questions or are experiencing issues with your air conditioning system, don’t hesitate to contact Frontier Heating & AC Service for HVAC repairs in Hamlin and Batavia, NY. Our experienced technicians are here to help you with all your HVAC needs.