It is very frustrating if your air conditioning unit breaks down in the middle of the night on a hot summer evening. No one wants to face the scorching heat because of the fallacies of the air conditioner. To avoid such a situation, the best thing to do is to keep a check on the air conditioning unit’s efficiency.
Regular maintenance services must be scheduled so that there is no hefty damage to the air conditioning unit. Frontier Heat provides the best services and is spread over a huge area, ranging from the best AC service to AC maintenance Batavia.
What Does An AC Tune-Up Service Include?
An air conditioning tune-up service includes the following:
- Checking the outdoor and indoor units and cleaning the units to remove any dirt or debris that restrict the airflow. The debris present can reduce the air conditioning unit’s efficiency, so cleaning it from time to time is essential.
- Adjusting the refrigerant levels.
- Inspection of the air filter. A replacement may also be needed depending upon the condition of the air filter.
- Measuring the motor voltage and amperage.
- Inspecting the disconnect box and the evaporator coil.
- Tightening all electrical connections.
- Checking all the other mechanical parts for any defects or chances of potential failures.
Why Does My Air Conditioner Need A Tune-Up?
Your Air Conditioning unit needs regular tune-ups to keep your air conditioner working for the entire summer. A neglected AC unit will break down more frequently, need costly repairs, and may also have a need to be replaced prematurely. By keeping a check on your AC Tune-Up, your air conditioning unit will require fewer expensive repairs.
It will also reduce your heating and cooling costs, as well as add a couple of years to your air conditioning system’s life. A tune-up service also improves the reliability of the AC unit by detecting any possible problems before they can lead to failure of the particular part. You may also need AC service Hamlin NY to keep your system running smoothly.
Signs That Your AC Unit Requires A Tune-Up
To maintain the efficacy of your air conditioning unit, a minimum of one annual tune-up service is recommended by experts. The best time to have a tune-up service is during the spring season. Your air conditioning unit will start showing these signs if it has been quite a long time since your last tune-up service:
- Your utility bill will be higher than expected, as more and more energy is used up if the air conditioning unit is not working up to its utmost ability.
- The airflow from the vents is lesser than it normally is.
- The air conditioning system turns off and on very frequently.
- Higher humidity than normal inside the room.
- The indoor temperature is higher than normal.
Frontier Heat provides only the best quality professional air conditioning services for all their customers at extremely affordable rates. Please book an appointment for your AC Replacement in Batavia, NY or a complete air conditioning tune-up performed by our professional and reliable technicians today!