Enjoying the coziness at home and getting high utility bills is not a good combination. As temperatures start to drop, how are you saving money on heating costs?
Saving on heating costs is a priority for many homeowners during chilly winter months, but that can get costly if not planned well.
Here Are Seven Tips And Tricks To Reduce Heat-Related Expenditures This Winter:
- Furnace Servicing: One of the essential things we tend to forget is regular maintenance of the furnace. Put this on your priority list and lower your utility bills by opting for
- Heating Maintenance in Batavia, NY: Regular maintenance ensures that the system is running efficiently or, if any component needs some professional attention, the issue is gone before the damage.
- Heat Only a Few Rooms You Live In: There are few rooms that are unused or you spend most of the time in your living room. To save money on heaters, you can close windows and doors of the room which are unused.If any of your rooms have water pipes located in the walls, do not let them cool for a long time as this will add a new problem to deal with -frozen pipes.
If you experience any such issues, you can connect with our team for heating repair in Batavia, NY.
- Turn Down The Thermostat: Your house is usually empty during the daytime if all the family members are working professionals. In such times, turn down the thermostat to save energy and lower electricity bills.
- Home Insulation Is a Must: During winters, window cracks are the common point of damage, and the areas get shrunk due to chilly winters. If ducts are not insulated, it results in heat loss.
You must have heard about the term winterization kit. Here the windows are wrapped with plastic to avoid shrinkage. Sealing the cracks can save up to 10% of your electricity bill.
- Replace The Old HVAC System: If you own an old HVAC system, its efficiency will be less when compared to the new and advanced ones. The older the system, the higher is the energy consumption.
- Schedule Energy Audit: An energy audit will reveal the areas where there are chances of heat loss and what can be done to solve the issue. They also guide you on how you can save money and reduce high utility bills.
- Regular Inspection and Replacement of Air Filters: An inspection by a professional will ensure your system is running efficiently and if air filters need replacement. All HVAC partners suggest changing the air filters every 30-60 days to remove accumulated dirt and dust.
- If filters are not changed timely, airflow is blocked, and this impacts the system’s performance.
Need a High-Quality HVAC Partner?
We not only provide heating services in Batavia, NY but also contribute to improving indoor air quality. We can help you with A/C installation and water heater installation.
Our technicians are also skilled in handling A/C and water heater repair issues. You can contact our experts at (585) 589-2525 and experience the best and most affordable services at your home.